Safety precautions have to be taken for everything you do. These precautions can make sure that you do not get hurt or injure yourself. And it is the same when you are going to be wearing colored contact lenses. Like regular lenses, there are some precautions that have to be followed before you can use the colored contact lenses in your eyes. Here are some precautionary measures that must be taken before wearing a colored contact lens.
- Having an eye examination: One has to consult a doctor before using any kind of lenses. Although these colored lenses are used for one or two occasions these must be considered as a medical tool. If the size of the lens is wrong it can damage and hurt your eye. It can also cause scratches in the cornea, pink eye, corneal infection, and many other eye problems that can be serious. So it is better if you consult your eye specialist before using them. The doctors will give advice on how to use the lenses safely. And this can decrease the chance of infection.
- Prescription: Once you visit the doctor, the doctor will give a prescription that can help you buy from a legal and reputable store.
- Buy lenses from a provider who is reputable: Never buy contact lenses on a website that allows you to buy lenses without prescriptions. These are illegal and unlicensed. If you are buying from them, it means that you have a higher risk of damaging your eye. When you visit your doctor, you can ask your doctor to suggest some of the places where you can buy safe, legal and licensed lenses. And the biggest problem with the lenses that are sold without prescription is that they are only of one size. Unsized lenses as told above can damage your eyes and these can cause serious infections in your eyes. And never buy lenses from street vendors, beach shops, novelty shops, and other local places. If you want to buy lens go to a safe and certified place and by lenses so that they do not damage your eye.
- No sharing of lenses: The lenses you buy are to fit your eyes. If you let someone else wear your lenses it can damage their eyes and cause infections. And also swapping of lenses is kind of gross. You do not want the germs from your eyes to go to your friends’ and the germs from your friends’ eyes to yours. It is better if you do not share your lenses.
- Directions have to be followed: One must follow the instructions of their doctor on how to use the contact lenses and how to clean and keep them. After using them, go and visit your doctor to make sure that your eye is not disturbed in any way by using the lenses.
These are some safety and precautionary steps that have to be followed when one is using contact lenses. Doing something on your own without knowing what to do can cause serious damage to your eyes and can be so serious that it can lead to permanent blindness. Eyes are a very important and essential part of the human body and these have to be protected. Also while using eye products there have to be precautions made to prevent the damage in the eye and also damages that can lead to various other serious problems as mentioned above. Better not take the risk of losing your eyesight and follow these easy precautions while using colored contact lenses.